Where we serve Select your state to ﬁnd out what we can offer you
Choose the state you reside in:
SmartEnergy is an electric company committed to providing 100% renewable energy to Washington, DC customers served by PEPCO DC.
Products and Services:
We offer a variety of products and benefits to make sure going green will suit your household’s needs. Our services include:
A variable rate plan with no cancellation fees and no long term contracts
A fixed rate plan for stable budgeting
No enrollment fees
No activation fees
Energy in your State
- The District of Columbia’s renewable portfolio standard requires that a minimum percentage of electricity come from renewable sources by 2032, including at least 5% from solar energy.
- In 2017, Washington, DC ranked among the top three cities for the most Energy Star-certified buildings for energy efficiency, which includes the U.S. Department of Energy’s headquarters building.
- DC electric utility consumer rights and responsibilities.
- Please click here for the Environmental Disclosure label.
- Please click here for our Terms of Service.
Monthly electricity usage for the average household in Washington, DC
Average electricity rate
Average monthly bill
Statistics from http://www.eia.gov/
In addition to the thousands of pounds of CO2 offset each year by choosing SmartEnergy’s 100% renewable plan, new customers also have a tree planted in their honor through the Arbor Day Foundation. So far, over 250,000 trees have been planted thanks to SmartEnergy customers. To calculate your environmental impact with your own yearly electricity usage, click here.