Where we serve Select your state to ﬁnd out what we can offer you
Choose the state you reside in:
SmartEnergy is an electric supplier committed to providing 100% renewable energy to Illinois customers served by ComEd and Ameren.
Products and Services:
We offer a variety of products and benefits to make sure going green will suit your household’s needs. Our services include:
A variable rate plan with no cancellation fees and no long term contracts
A fixed rate plan for stable budgeting
No enrollment fees
No activation fees
Energy in your State
- SmartEnergy is an independent seller of electricity, certified by the Illinois Commerce Commission, and does not represent or act on behalf of your electric utility, any governmental body, or consumer group. SmartEnergy is not the same entity as your electric delivery company. You are not required to enroll with SmartEnergy.
- 100% of SmartEnergy’s customers’ energy consumption in 2022 was matched with hydroelectric pumped storage Renewable Energy Certificates generated in the State of Virginia. SmartEnergy has not committed to specific renewable resources to pair with future consumption.
- Current utility electric supply Price to Compare (“PTC”): For ComEd, beginning on January 1, 2023, the electric supply price to compare is 9.665 cents per kWh. ComEd’s electric supply price will expire on May 31, 2023. For Ameren Illinois, beginning on January 1, 2023, the electric supply price to compare is 11.833 cents per kWh for usage up to 800 kWh. For incremental usage exceeding 800 kWh, the electric supply price to compare is 9.374 cents per kWh. Ameren’s electric supply price will expire on May 31, 2023. The utilities’ electric supply price to compare does not include the purchased electricity adjustment factor. For more information, go to the Illinois Commerce Commission’s free website at www.pluginillinois.org. The Commission’s Consumer Services Division can be reached at 800-524-0795. Ameren Illinois can be reached at 800-232-2477, and ComEd can be reached at 800-334-7661.
- Please click here for SmartEnergy’s Net-Metering Application.
- Rate information for ComEd customers.
- Environmental Disclosure Label for ComEd customers.
- Rate information for Ameren customers.
- Environmental Disclosure Label for Ameren customers.
- Call us at 1-800-753-7270 to enroll today!
Monthly electricity usage for the average household in Illinois
Average electricity rate
Average monthly bill
Statistics from http://www.eia.gov/
By selecting SmartEnergy’s 100% renewable plan, the average Illinois customer will offset 10,925 lbs. of CO2 in just one year. New customers also have a tree planted in their honor through the Arbor Day Foundation. So far, over 250,000 trees have been planted thanks to SmartEnergy customers. To calculate your environmental impact with your own yearly electricity usage, click here.