Where we serve Select your state to ﬁnd out what we can offer you
Choose the state you reside in:
SmartEnergy is an electric supplier committed to providing 100% renewable energy to Illinois customers served by ComEd and Ameren.
Products and Services:
We offer a variety of products and benefits to make sure going green will suit your household’s needs. Our services include:
A variable rate plan with no cancellation fees and no long term contracts
A fixed rate plan for stable budgeting
No enrollment fees
No activation fees
Energy in your State
- 100% of SmartEnergy’s customers’ energy consumption in 2020 was matched with hydroelectric pumped storage Renewable Energy Certificates generated in VA.
- SmartEnergy is not the same entity as your electric delivery company. You are not required to enroll with SmartEnergy. Beginning on June 1, 2021, the electric supply price to compare is 6.776 cents per kWh in ComEd and 4.821 cents per kWh in Ameren. The electric utility supply price will expire on September 30, 2021. The utility electric supply price to compare does not include the purchased electricity adjustment factor that may range between +.5 cents and -.5 cents per kilowatt-hour. For more information go to the Illinois Commerce Commission’s free website at www.pluginillinois.org.The Commission’s Consumer Services Division can be reached at 800-524-0795.
- Please click here for SmartEnergy’s Net-Metering Application.
- Rate information for ComEd customers.
- Environmental Disclosure Label for ComEd customers.
- Rate information for Ameren customers.
- Environmental Disclosure Label for Ameren customers.
- Call us at 1-800-753-7270 to enroll today!
Monthly electricity usage for the average household in Illinois
Average electricity rate
Average monthly bill
Statistics from http://www.eia.gov/
By selecting SmartEnergy’s 100% renewable plan, the average Illinois customer will offset 10,925 lbs. of CO2 in just one year. New customers also have a tree planted in their honor through the Arbor Day Foundation. So far, over 250,000 trees have been planted thanks to SmartEnergy customers. To calculate your environmental impact with your own yearly electricity usage, click here.