Where we serve Select your state to ﬁnd out what we can offer you
Choose the state you reside in:
SmartEnergy is an electric supplier committed to providing 100% renewable energy to Illinois customers served by ComEd and Ameren.
Products and Services:
We offer a variety of products and benefits to make sure going green will suit your household’s needs. Our services include:
A variable rate plan with no cancellation fees and no long term contracts
A fixed rate plan for stable budgeting
No enrollment fees
No activation fees
Energy in your State
- 100% of SmartEnergy’s customers’ energy consumption in 2023 was matched with Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) from the following resource mix: 96.7% Hydro RECs from the State of New York, 1.84% Wind RECs from the State of Iowa, 1.48% Wind RECs from the State of North Dakota. SmartEnergy has not committed to specific renewable resources to pair with future consumption.
- SmartEnergy is an independent seller of electricity, certified by the Illinois Commerce Commission, and does not represent or act on behalf of your electric utility, any governmental body, or consumer group. SmartEnergy is not the same entity as your electric delivery company. You are not required to enroll with SmartEnergy.
- Current utility electric supply Price to Compare (“PTC”): For ComEd, beginning on January 1, 2024, the electric supply price to compare is 6.848 cents per kWh. ComEd’s electric supply price will expire on May 31, 2024. For Ameren Illinois, beginning on January 1, 2024, the electric supply price to compare is 8.683 cents per kWh for usage up to 800 kWh. For incremental usage exceeding 800kWh, the electric supply price to compare is 7.670 cents per kWh Ameren’s electric supply price will expire on May 31, 2024.. The utilities’ electric supply price to compare does not include the purchased electricity adjustment factor. For more information, go to the Illinois Commerce Commission’s free website at https://plugin.illinois.gov/. The Commission’s Consumer Services Division can be reached at 800-524-0795. Ameren Illinois can be reached at 800-232-2477, and ComEd can be reached at 800-334-7661.
- Please click here for SmartEnergy’s Net-Metering Application.
- SmartEnergy Illinois Terms of Service.
- Rate information for our 6-month and 12-month plans for ComEd customers.
- Environmental Disclosure Label for ComEd customers.
- Rate information for our 6-month and 12-month plans for Ameren customers.
- Environmental Disclosure Label for Ameren customers.
- Call us at 1-800-753-7270 to enroll today!
Monthly electricity usage for the average household in Illinois
Average electricity rate
Average monthly bill
Statistics from http://www.eia.gov/
By selecting SmartEnergy’s 100% renewable plan, the average Illinois customer will offset 10,925 lbs. of CO2 in just one year. New customers also have a tree planted in their honor through the Arbor Day Foundation. So far, over 250,000 trees have been planted thanks to SmartEnergy customers. To calculate your environmental impact with your own yearly electricity usage, click here.